What is a Brazilian butt lift?
A BBL is a popular cosmetic surgery that involves moving fat to your backside to help generate greater fullness.
If you have heard of a Brazilian butt lift and are looking for more incredible long-term benefits than exercise alone, read on to learn more about the surgery and how to locate a trustworthy practitioner to ensure it is done correctly.
Brazilian butt-lift procedure
A Brazilian butt lift is a fat grafting procedure that produces natural-looking results. The procedure includes the following steps:
- The surgeon next uses liposuction to remove fat from other regions of your body, such as the hips, stomach, and thighs. Liposuction includes creating incisions in the skin and then removing fat from the body via a tube.
- The surgery is generally done under anesthesia; however, when just a tiny amount of fat is transplanted, the Brazilian butt lift may be done with only a local anesthetic (numbing medication). You can request an anti-nausea prescription. Beforehand, especially if anesthesia makes you sick.
- Finally, your surgeon will inject the processed fat into particular buttocks regions to create a more rounded, entire appearance. For fat transfers, they make three to five incisions around the buttocks.
- The fat deposits that have just been extracted from your body are cleansed and prepared for injection into your buttocks.
- Stitches are used to seal the incisions made during liposuction and fat transfer. To reduce the risk of bleeding, your surgeon will then apply a compression garment to the afflicted regions of the skin.
The advantages of Brazilian Butt lift surgery
Unlike other types of buttock surgery, such as the implantation of silicone buttock implants, a Brazilian butt lift is said to provide more natural-looking results while also increasing the roundness of your rear. It can also assist with particular problems like sagging and shapelessness that might arise with aging.
If you're troubled by figure imbalances that make it challenging to wear garments comfortably, you might think about having the operation done. Another advantage of Brazilian butt lifts is that they have a decreased risk of infection compared to silicone buttock implants. It has a higher safety profile than other chemicals, such as silicone caulking and sealants, which are occasionally illegally injected into buttocks by individuals who are not trained to do so. Despite these benefits, there are also serious drawbacks to consider.
How long does it last?
A Brazilian butt lift should last indefinitely, but if the transfer fails, your surgeon may need to repeat the operation after you've healed to obtain the desired results. Because fat does not have an intrinsic blood supply, the implantation site is critical for providing the highest chance of survival.
Weight fluctuations might also have an impact on the success of this operation. When you acquire weight, your buttocks might get more extensive, and when you lose weight, they can become smaller. Because the fat cells injected into your buttocks might expand and shrink, it's essential to keep your weight steady to maintain results.
Am I a good candidate for a Brazilian butt lift?
Before considering a Brazilian butt lift, consult with a cosmetic surgeon is usually a good idea. They might give you the green light if you:
- Don't feel at ease with your clothing.
- Have enough fat stores in your hips and also in other areas for grafting
- You are a nonsmoker.
- You have not had any recent complications or infections related to surgery.
- You are also at a healthy weight.
- Maintain an overall healthy lifestyle that includes frequent exercise.
- Lost your natural shape due to age or weight fluctuations
Brazilian butt lift vs. Sculptra butt lift, silicone implants, and liposuction
Butt augmentations are rising, but that doesn't mean your options are limited to the Brazilian butt lift. Consider talking to your provider about the following options:
- Silicone butt implants. This operation, as the name implies, includes the placement of silicone implants in your buttocks. It is far more intrusive than the Brazilian butt lift. However, the two procedures are occasionally done in tandem. Because silicone implants have a long-term risk of displacement, you will almost certainly need to have the procedure redone at some point in the future.
- Sculptra butt lift. Sculptra is a dermal filler used to plump up the skin due to natural volume loss with aging. The filler is most commonly used to treat facial wrinkles, but it may also add volume for a Brazilian butt lift. The FDA considers Sculptra usage in the buttocks to be off-label.
- Liposuction. If you have extra fat reserves in the gluteal area, a surgeon may recommend removing them to achieve more excellent roundness. This operation focuses solely on fat removal instead of the fat transfer utilized in a Brazilian butt lift.
What is recovery after Brazilian butt lift surgery like?
Recovery from surgery is typically not painful. It is, however, quite inconvenient. It is preferable to maintain pressure off the buttocks to increase the survival of the injected fat. A Brazilian butt lift patient should avoid sitting on the buttocks for a few weeks, save to go to the restroom. That is a little hard, but it is beneficial. Compression garments are worn over the regions where the fat was extracted. One of the best aspects of this procedure is that not only are the buttocks enlarged, but you also receive a new form in the places where the fat was removed. Compression garments assist in reducing edema and shape such areas.
Brazilian butt lift surgery is becoming more popular in the United States. You will have a greater chance of a successful outcome if a board-certified, experienced surgeon conducts the procedure. Before joining up, be prepared and understand the process, fees, and recuperation time.
While the Brazilian butt lift is a popular procedure, it is not for everyone. Discuss your intended results with your surgeon, as well as your medical history. They may suggest this surgery or something else that is more suited to your requirements.